Telecom Battery Compartment and Battery Thermal Management Design Services
BATTERY THERMAL MANAGEMENT
Advanced Thermal Solutions can design and develop a battery jacket that will allow your telecom batteries to be kept at optimal conditions.
Background: Telecom operating companies have a long history of powering equipment with batteries. As the bandwidths of telecommunications networks increase exponentially, current trends are toward placing telecom equipment in remote locations closer to the customer. Remote terminals and their battery compartments are usually uncontrolled environments affected by climate and solar loading. This creates new environmental challenges for both the equipment and the batteries. Battery manufacturers cite constant 25ºC (77ºF) as the optimum battery temperature to attain longest life. While the telecom equipment is being made more robust, battery life remains directly affected by the applied load, proper recharging and most significantly by temperature. Batteries installed in remote terminals experience wide temperature excursions (often on a daily basis) which dramatically reduce useful life. The high cost of procuring, installing, operating and maintaining climate conditioning equipment to keep constant temperature in remote terminals far outweighs the cost of more frequent battery replacement.
Advanced Thermal Solutions can design a custom-made thermal management system incorporating PCM materials to maintain thermal stability or other thermal methodology.
In addition, we can design cooling strategies using:
- State-of-the-Art Thermal Analysis CFD Computer Software
- Selection of the CFD and other Thermal Management Software
- Development and Arrangement of Experimental Programs
- Heat Pipes Impingement Cooling Heat Exchanger Design
- Phase Change Materials (PCM) PCM Heat Exchangers
- Liquid Cooling Space Applications Radiative Cooling
- Cryo/Cold Electronics Cryocoolers Cryogenic Research
- Thermoelectric System Design and Development
- Microchannel and Conventional Heat Sink Design